Jan 28, 2011
Its a little known fact that Floyd is a tad bit spoiled. Not helping this situation at all is the fact that I make him his treats. I like to know what he is eating and making sure it's not a lot of processed gunk. Spoiled. I know.
He first had these treats when his Grammy Thomas made them for him and he fell in love! She has passed the recipe on to me and I make them about once a month or so for the little booger.
Here are a few photos of the batch I made recently and the recipe.
(P.S. the 'C' and 'T's shaped ones are for some of Floyd's friends he's going to see soon!)
I use cookie cutters to cut out shapes/letters...obviously you could cut them into bars but I like to think that Floyd appreciates eating something a little more exciting.
|The ever faithful sous chef|
Barking Buddies Dog Biscuits
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/3 cup cornmeal
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup molasses
2 eggs (beaten)
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup oats
2 tablsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
1. Mix dry ingredients together
2. Stir in wet ingredients
3. Roll out on well floured surface to 1/2" thickness (heres where you can cut them into bars or shapes with cookie cutters)
4. Place on greased baking sheet and bake at 350 for 30 minutes
5. Turn oven off but leave biscuits in the oven for 20 minutes to harden
6. Serve to your best friend!!
Hope they enjoy!