Two weeks into January seemed like a good time to nail down our 2016 list for the year.
I'll decipher my handwriting for you...
1. Drink more H20 : As an adult I really need to do a better job of drinking more water. I am terrible at it but I am well aware of the amazing benefits. Sadly it is just not something I enjoy. Diet Coke just always sounds better. I am really going to do my best to do better this year. I had 3 huge Tervis' yesterday so I think we are off to a good start!
2. Clean up/donate clothes (Mister) : I tore through my closet over the holidays and now it's Mister's turn.
3. New ceiling fan : We are dying for a new ceiling fan in our living room. This seem alike a simple enough weekend project.
4. Hallway/Floyd lights : We need new lights in our hallway in and in Floyd's room...same as above, easy enough.
5. Cheap date nights/home dates : We are making an effort to have more fun, cheap date nights this year. Whether this is at home, around the city or whatever, it's a mission!
6. Sarah read 45 books/ Mister read 12 books : Since I read 30 books last year I upped it to 45 this year (including book tapes). If you have any good book recommendations please send them my way! Mister has a goal of reading 12 books.
7. Foster a basset : We never had a chance to do this in 2015 and I really want to do it this year!
8. Day trip to Columbus : Another one that got missed in 2015, hoping to do this in the Spring.
9. Mister's leg : Still on the list...
10. Downstairs wires/tv/cleanup : We've done a pretty good job of declutter our upstairs and now it's time to tackle the downstairs.
11. Declutter/organize garage : And the garage...it needs some help
12. Run ___ miles : I am not sure how many I'll run this year or how many I want to as a goal but I am going to keep a tally again and see where we end up!
13. Volunteer at church : We've been going to a new (to us) church and have volunteered at a few things and we want to continue that in 2016.
14. Buy salt regularly : Okay, this is ridiculous but it is something we are terrible at doing. We have a water softener and we are AWFUL at buying salt for it with any consistency. If we accomplish this it will be a miracle.
15. Get rid of cable : We are seriously considering pulling the plug on cable. We are pretty sure I can live without it with all the streaming devices and an antenna, we just need to make the final decision.
16. Pay off loan (Sarah) : I have one more school loan to pay off and I am close to being done and would LOVE to get that over with this year.
17. Remember 'I love you' : We are big, big fans of saying I love you all the time but there can always be more and we think it is an important reminder to keep around.
18. Floyd and the wizard : (I forgot to write this one down) While Floyd may seem like an angel to his fans, he is not always 100% perfect. He could use some help with his attitude, barking when people leave and not getting so grouchy and growly when we wake him up to go to bed. We are hoping to work with the Dog Wizard this year to help some of those issues.
And one for wishful thinking...the master bath (switch out sink, faucet, light and countertop...)
And that's what's on our list, wish us luck!