Oct 3, 2012
So I know last week I said I wasn't quite ready for fall.
Well, I am still not ready for the cold but I am getting more in the fall spirit.
I figured a bucket list of things to accomplish would get me even more in the mood.
1. Visit the pumpkin patch as a family. We try to do this every year and really love taking Floyd and picking out pumpkins. I also try to accomplish our Christmas card picture at the patch...this doesn't always quite happen though. Floyd tends to get a lit-tul distracted with all of those people around.
2. Bake fall treats. I swear there are so many delicious looking (and tasting) fall/pumpkin recipes out there that is hard to narrow down which ones to tackle first. I want to make them all but to begin with these ones are the on the top of my list:
and I heard these were pretty good as well :)
3. Decorate the house for fall. This better happen asap so we can enjoy it!
4. Decide on and make Floyd's Halloween costume. I have a few ideas for him and will probably let you guys vote on them soon! I'm doing my best to incorporate his ears into the outfit.
(last year he was a personal trainer)
5. Carve/decorate pumpkins. I love to carve pumpkins and would love to try the glitter pumpkins or the chevron...however...I am a little cautious to do anything considering some PUNKS smashed ours all the way down the street last year.
6. Buy a few mums for the front porch. I've never purchased mums but would love to pick some up this year!
Elisa wrote a great post on mums and other fall decorations for your porch!
7. Accomplish a few crafts/start holiday prep and DIY. I tend to get my best crafting done in the fall and by that I mean while football is on.
Ideas include: adding a monogram letter to our fall wreath, starting holiday DIY gifts (can't tell you which ones yet!), making a list of holiday treats to make for others and mkaing a fall/Halloween garland.
8. Have a fall date with the Mister. I am not sure what this will be yet but it'll be fallish and it'll be fun!!
I think that wraps up my fall bucket list for now!
What is on your fall to do list?
Anything else I should add?
And I want to say a very special Happy Birthday to my bestie Sarah!!
Hope you have a great day, pretty and enjoy time with your new little man!