Oct 9, 2012
I LOVE Heath bars
and I don't even eat (or like) all that much chocolate (I know, it's weird).
But, if I were to choose a candy bar to eat, it would be a Heath bar.
And Heath bar blizzards, don't even get me started.
Everyone at my office seems to love Heath bars too.
There is always a bag of of the minis laying around.
I have to practice extreme self restraint every.single.day.
Well my mom loves heath bars too and has been making this cake for as long as I can remember.
While in my fall baking kick I figured why not whip up this cake for my co-workers?
The Mister did not understand why I wouldn't let him eat one piece before I took the cake into work.
He literally said, 'You're taking the WHOLE thing in?'
'Yes, honey. You can't just take 1/3 of a cake in to share with people.'
'Well that's dumb, I want some of it.'
If he's nice maybe I will bring him a piece home :)
We certainly did not make up this recipe but here is the one we have always used.
And it has never failed us!
Oh, and it only has about 25 calories per slice ;) ...yeah right!
Heath Bar Cake
1 German chocolate cake mix (+ ingredients needed for cake)
1 jar caramel sauce
1 can sweetened condensed milk
3 (at least) Heath bars (or a bag of minis)
1 tub Cool Whip
1. Mix and bake cake as directed on box
2. While the cake is baking, unwrap the Heath bars and crush them up into little pieces.
3. Immediately after the cake comes out of the oven, using a fork, poke holes all over cake
4. Pour the caramel sauce and sweetened condensed milk all over the cake. The cake will soak up all of this deliciousness.
5. Right before you serve the cake, cover it with the Cool Whip
6. On top of the Cool Whip, cover the entire top of the cake with the crushed up Heath pieces.
7. Cut yourself a piece, sit back and enjoy!
This is a favorite in our house, hope you enjoy it's ooey gooey goodness too!