An Interview with a Basset Hound

Jan 16, 2013

This is my first attempt and vlogging and with a stubborn basset at that.
You can see that Floyd was not totally into sitting still while filming but that should not come as a shock to anyone because he never does what I want, only what he wants.

Floyd and I did our best to answer your questions.
At at one point he was so into it that he started to fall asleep.
If you have any more for us let us know and you maaaay be able to talk me into another one.

I'm pretty much awkward through the entire thing.
But I did kinda enjoy it so you may be able to talk me into another one in the future.

Really YouTube, can we please work on which still shots you choose?
Yes I know Snoopy flies a plane (not a helicopter) and I'm pretty sure they aren't called 'aviator hats' but you know what I mean :)

And if you just can't get enough bassets (or just need a laugh), check out these 2 Tumblr sites
Eff Yeah Basset Hounds
Unimpressed Basset Hounds
(you might recognize a couple bassets you know on this one...)

Linking up with Shanna for Random Wednesday!

13 comments:

Sarah Tucker January 16, 2013 at 8:29 AM

LOVE IT! I love how Floyd almost fell asleep. Adorable!

Helene January 16, 2013 at 8:30 AM

hahaha omg! this is awesome Sarah! love this so much, you should do this more often. not awkward at all!

smk053078 January 16, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Yay!!! I loved seeing you and Floyd in real life. I just want to SQUEEZE him and you!!! Floyd and I have one common love....that's peanut butter!! This was so fun, Sarah!! And thanks for linking up!! Love ya!

Joanna M January 16, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I usually just read your blog and not comment even though I love the adventures of Floyd. I have to comment today - it was too cute to watch him be a typical basset while you were filming.

I have 2 bassets - a sibling pair. Prior to them I had a single basset. Just an observation - they are pack dogs and they love company of their own kind. I don't think Floyd would have a conniption if you got him a basset buddy - he would love it! They play so cute together and the goofy personalities are multiplied by two! Just saying!

Jen January 16, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I totally loved this vlog and seriously have been looking forward to it since you first mentioned it :) And I do hope that you and Floyd share more vlogs in the future!! He is just so cute and I love that he was kinda bored by the end, so typical of bassets...ha!

Erin January 16, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Haha I love it he cracks me up. Just lickin your face. I think we should also do moving videos. Like of him when the peanut butter comes out!

The Sweetest Thing January 16, 2013 at 12:30 PM

oh my stars - I love this! that dog wants to come visit his auntie em!!

Andrea {blonde ambitions} January 16, 2013 at 1:49 PM

He cracks me up!! My pups love peanut butter too!!

Kait January 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Floyd Thomas is not impressed.
Also, you have 650 followers!! WHOA!

Joy January 16, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Oh Floyd, watching you and your mommy in action just might have been the highlight of my day!! And peanut butter. HAHA, I'll have to try that one on MB soon! And thanks for answering my question. I loved your typical day and secretly want to take naps throughout the day, too! Can't wait for y'all do it this again!

Married...with a Pup January 16, 2013 at 9:53 PM

We loved your vlog...and by we, I mean Derek and I. Floyd cracked me up and Brutus thanks him for the advice?! (Derek is typing this)

Betty January 18, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I love this idea!! Our giant airedale Dudley loves this as well...maybe I should start including him in some video posts too! :)

Darby Hawley January 19, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Floyd thank you so much for answering my question. I hope you've gotten some peanut butter this weekend :-)

I love the vlogs with Floyd!!!