As I promised earlier this week, I am back today with our 2015 resolution list.
(can you tell I love my new chalkboard wine glasses from the neighbors? I think they may be the blogging accessory of 2015. And wine, obviously I love wine.)
I've said it before and I still stand by it, I LOVE this yearly list. I LOVE crossing things off of it and I LOVE that Mister and I work towards these goals together. I think it makes our home, our family and our relationship better...year after year. We have a few leftover from last year but for the most part, these are all new goals!
1. Master bathroom updates : We still need to get Mister a new countertop, sink and faucet. But thankfully the vanity is done.
2. Push pin map wall : still needs to be done...
3. Mister's leg : His hip and knee still are not up to par
4. Paint nails more : This one goes along with the rest and relax more. I NEVER paint my nails because I can't sit still that long so this is a big one for me.
5. Read 15 books : This also goes along with resting, relaxing and putting the computer and phone down more. Plus I really, really love my new Kindle Fire and want to read it all the time. Well, when I'm not playing TwoDots.
6. New toilets : This is super adult of us and super boring but I would really love to get new toilets in our house. #boring
7. New dining room and kitchen pendants : We are very ready for some new lights in our dining area and kitchen.
8. New dining table and chairs : To go along with those new lights, we would love to get a new dining table and chairs. Our current set was free.99 so it is hard to justify new ones BUT we really are not fans of what we have. If the right ones come along we may just snatch them up!
9. Raised vegetable garden : Last spring/summer we had a small vegetable garden on the porch and loved it! We would love to build a small raised garden in the backyard and try to grow even more veggies and herbs.
10. Photo album of trips : This is very 1994 of me, but I've printed off all of the photos from our recent trips and I want to have a photo album of them.
11. Paint kitchen accent wall : I've had an orange swatch of paint on the wall for months and I need to just break down and paint it already.
12. Master 50mm lens : The 50mm lens for our DSLR always seems to get the best of me (although these shots are from it!) and I really want to master using it because I love the photos it takes.
13. Run ___ miles : It is killing me to leave this blank but my IT band is inflamed at the moment so I am taking a self imposed, few week break from running which screws up my yearly goal. I am really trying NOT to stress about it (Anne has some great tips!) but honestly I am. Ideally, it will be no less than 600 but time will tell.
14. Master bedroom trim : Boring but we are missing a piece of crown trim in our master that needs added back on
15. Floyd's allergies : Floyd's allergies are really out of whack and we are trying to figure out the cause and how to remedy them/him. He is SO itchy and I feel so bad for him. I'll keep you updated!
16. Foster a basset hound : This is a big one and it has been on my heart a lot but we really want to fill out the forms to possibly foster a basset hound. We are big fans of the local basset rescue and would love to help them out. Plus who doesn't want multiple bassets in one house?
17. Donate to Ohio Basset Rescue : Speaking of the local basset rescue, I want to make some blankets to send to the doggies there. Floyd sent them some leashes and collars for Christmas and we would love to keep up periodically sending them small things.
18. 10,000 push ups : I started a 10,000 push up challenge with my bootcamp class in the beginning of December that goes on until March. 100 push ups a day for 100 days. Currently I've done 3,700!
Phew! That seems like a lot but we are excited!