When we were in Dallas, Whitney introduced us to purple sweet potatoes.
We go through a lot of sweet potatoes in our house but honesty they aren't my 100% favorite.
They are a little too 'yammy' to me.
Purple ones are not.
Plus they are so pretty.
Once we were home I whipped up my own version.
They couldn't have been easier or more delicious.
These are definitely a staple in our summer menu now.
Oven Roasted Purple Sweet Potatoes
6 small purple potatoes, sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
handful of fresh basil
handful of fresh rosemary
(I used the convection feature on our oven and I think it helped crisp them up nicely.)
1. Preheat oven to 375 (400 if normal oven)
2. Place sliced potatoes on foil lined pan
3. Julienne basil and chop of rosemary
4. Coat potatoes with olive oil, basil and rosemary
5. Cook for 20 minutes or so depending on how crispy you want them
Serve with a summer meal!
We chose burgess, grilled pineapple and potatoes!
I could eat this exact meal every day.