Happy Monday and Happy Spring!
Our weekend was pretty low key and full of basketball. I took zero pictures this weekend so instead of recapping that I am going to dazzle you with a super easy meal you can whip up tonight. OR take to a friend or new mom as we did.
I first heard about this recipe in college and (when I could eat it) it was a staple for us. I also realized it is the perfect meal to take to someone as a surprise treat, say right after having a new baby.
Within the past year or so we know of approximately 30 people that are having or just had a baby. No, seriously, 30.
So let's just say this quick and yummy recipe has come in quite handy.
2 packages of frozen ravioli, thawed (I like to mix cheese and meat)
1 jar of or marina sauce
1 package of mozzarella cheese
1 foil pan
1. Boil ravioli according to package directions and drain
2. Line foil pan with a layer of marinara sauce
3. Next layer half of the ravioli on top of the sauce
4. Layer with a generous amount of mozzarella cheese
5. Repeat steps 2-4 for the second layer and then with the remainder of the cheese, cover the top
7. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes covered in foil and then an additional 15 minutes uncovered.
Because we were giving this as a gift, I wrote the instructions on the foil. This dish is also excellent one to freeze and heat up later.
And it is really that simple, couldn't be easier!