Fridays with Floyd: Floyd's Resolutions

Jan 11, 2013

Fridays with Floyd is BACK!
Floyd came to me and told me he wanted to share his resolutions with you.
And while most people shared their resolutions last week, bassets aren't ones to do anything quickly.
So, in Floyd time, he is right on schedule.

Take it away, Bud.

Hello friends!!
My mama and papa are always harping on me to do this and do that but I have decided that these resolutions are going to be things that I WANT to do this year.
Without further adieu...
1.  Learn to shake. They have reallllly been pushing this one on me. The keep tempting me with boiled chicken, peanut butter and treats galore, but I just can not seem to conquer this one.  The problem is that I just do not have very good balance and taking one paw off the ground makes me nervous!  I think they would be really impressed if I could do it though.  I promise I am working on it!  Not that I am minding all of the treats though...
2. Wipe my own paws. The parents really insist on wiping all of my paws (and ears and belly) every time I come inside when it's nasty out.  It just drives me nuts! If I could just do it myself life would be a lot easier. Although, I do get a treat afterwards if I don't freak out on them so maybe I can deal with it...
3. Learn to type. I keep hearing that I get all kinds of fan (e)mail, tweets, texts and even a few packages in the mail.  Well, I would really love to respond to all of my fans on my own.  I think Mama probably does a pretty good job thanking everyone but I think I could do a better job.  She clearly doesn't add enough slobber to the thank yous.
And while on the subject of using the computer, I need to tell Mama I want to start a Skype with Floyd series so I can interact with all of you lovelies.  What do we think of that?
4. Become more stubborn. If I do say so myself, I am really good at being stubborn.  But when you are great at something, you can always get better, right?  I like to live by the motto, 'I'll do what I want, when I want' and I execute it pretty well, if I do say so myself.  The parents don't seem to be a huge fan of this but we all know I run this show.
5. Nap more. Again, something that I excel at but can always get better.  There are a few hours a day I am not napping and could definitely squeeze a few more minutes of shut eye.  I need to work on not getting up every single time one of the parents makes a move or goes to another room.

And there you have it, my friends.
Wish me luck accomplishing these resolutions!

____________________________________________________________________
Oh wow, Floyd, I'm not sure you are going to be left alone with the blog anymore.
I would really love if you learned to shake though.  I'm not sure about being more stubborn, you are plenty stubborn enough as it is.  If anything, maybe you should work on being less stubborn. Let's focus on that.

And we would like to say a very special HAPPY BIRTHDAY (tomorrow) to our dog blog soul mate Kait!
We hope you have a fabulous day pretty lady!!! Tell Maddie to bake you a cake and bring you all the Diet Cokes you want!

19 comments:

Sam January 11, 2013 at 8:11 AM

skype with Floyd?! sign me up!!

Helene January 11, 2013 at 8:44 AM

hahaha i love this so much. especially the wiping the paws. im still pulling for Hugo to do that.

Joy January 11, 2013 at 9:12 AM

If Floyd will give kisses on Skype... I'm in!! Happy Friday Sarah, Mister and Floyd!!

Brooke January 11, 2013 at 9:49 AM

wipe his paws and nap more. He and my doggy should be friends, I think. She'd love him

Kait January 11, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I can proudly admit I have facetimed with this sexy Basset (and family) and it was SO MUCH FUN! Thanks for the birthday love! I'll be sure to pound DCs all weekend and eat lots of yummy food! Of course, nothing yummier than what Maddie eats regularly (side eye emoticon here) :)

XOXOX

Darby Hawley January 11, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Floyd these are great resolutions. Our parents do that same wiping off routine when we come inside. What is up with that? They treat us like we're animals or something. Anyways, skyping with you would be so much fun; we would love to sniff you via the computer screen! Have a great weekend filled with treats.
Love,
Tomlin and Rooney

McKenna Bleu January 11, 2013 at 10:20 AM

hahaha Love this!! I hope you have a great weekend!!

www.McKennaBleu.blogspot.com

Jordon January 11, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Seeing pictures of your hound makes my heart smile so big!! I hope floyd keeps his resolutions a little more than I do!

Colby B. January 11, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Oh my Gosh! Maybe all Bassets are stubborn. Or just Sampson and Floyd. I am sure they would get a long just fine and then come back home worse than they were because they would come up with ways to be more stubborn. Sampson does what he wants when he wants, and if he DOES do something we want, it is never done quietly or without a fight. Barking and putting it off as long as possible ALWAYS! :) I love Floyd's resolutions tho! Dang those short legs!

Domesticable January 11, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Floyd you should try running through wet mulch before they wipe your feet. It stains the towels.

-Toby

PS shaking is overrated. We don't make business deals. Gangnam style.

Erin January 11, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Ummmmm best news of a Friday ever?! Vlogs with Flyod. Yes times ten plus two. Genius idea

Jill January 11, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Floyd, tell your Mama that you might be willing to shake for a little piece o' BBQ chicken. That's what I used to teach my dog Lilly how to shake. Now, you might want to act confused a few rounds...don't give in too easily! Before you know it, you've had a whole chicken wing. Then you can shake. They will be so proud and probably give you another treat because they're so thrilled. Just don't throw up later, ok? Your mom will be mad at me.

(This is one of the best, funniest blog features. I wish I had been clever enough to come up with it on my own!)

katelyn w January 11, 2013 at 2:06 PM

So precious! Too bad slobber isn't clorox, and he could clean the whole house! Have a good weekend!

Ashley January 11, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I really like the first comment. A skype session with Floyd. I haven't seen any videos of Floyd..and I'm pretty sure that needs to change.

Good luck with the handshake ! :-)

Kat@shop.school.sleep. January 11, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Napping more should go on my list too..now if the kitties could learn to cuddle with me while I nap, that woudl be great!! Happy Friday!!

Allison January 11, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Oh what a life you live Floyd. I hope 2013 brings you lots of treats and of course more naps. :) Haha. Love this Sarah.

Casey January 11, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Will Floyd forget about his resolutions like most people do? (I bet he rocks the nap one though)

Septorinoplasti drew January 12, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Excellent topic i really appreciate this valuable information thanks
Septorinoplasti

Katie January 12, 2013 at 2:14 PM

haha! loved this. my dog needs to learn to wipe her own paws too!