Weekend Wrap Up: Productive

Jan 14, 2013

Hey friends hey!

Let's get right to the weekend!
We were home this weekend with absolutely 0 plans.
0 places to be, 0 obligations, 0 stress.
We sat down Thursday night and jotted down a few items we wanted to accomplish this weekend and I am happy to say we did pretty well crossing those off.

Friday night we cleaned up the house and watched Ted.
Oh my, you guys, I hadn't seen it yet and died just about the whole way through it.
We also got ding dong dashed...TWICE on Friday night.
Who stills does that?!

Saturday we were up and at 'em pretty early (thank you to Floyd's internal clock) and were very productive all day!
We ran some errands and finished cleaning the house.
Then I spent about 2 hours organizing, getting rid of things and cleaning out all over the house.
It felt so good to get everything nice and orderly.
I organized my drawers and closet and was able to take a couple loads to Goodwill and the consignment shop.
Do you guys take stuff to the consignment shop?
I have been taking a lot lately!
I don't make a ton of money but it's some and definitely more than if I take it to Goodwill!
Although, I do (every single time) get slightly offended if they don't take a few of my items.
I'm not sure why but it crawls all over me!
Oh well, those items I just drop off at Goodwill.
In the end, it just feels good to get things out of the house that we aren't wearing or using.

Saturday afternoon I cut Mister's hair.
 For the first time ever.
And, I have to say, it turned out pretty well.
And by that I mean it looks pretty even and he didn't have to go get it fixed.

Saturday night we had an impromptu wine and pizza party with Katie and Derek.
 We introduced them to our favorite pizza, Jets.
Best delivery pizza and hands down the best ranch in town.

Sunday Floyd let us sleep in a little more and we spent the day doing Sunday stuff.
For some reason I thought it was a good idea to venture to Costco on a Sunday...terrible idea.
I think everyone in Cincinnati was there.
We rounded the day out with afternoon naps and watching the Golden Globes!

Per Friday's post, I sent out a tweet Friday night that I think Floyd and I need to do a vlog...eeek!
Send us your questions (for me and/or him) and I'll see if I can wiggle some answers out of him.

Linking up with Sami and Leeann

21 comments:

Alexa January 14, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Ted absolutely killed me! Glenn and I sing the Thunder Song on an hourly basis, I swear.

Love weekends like this one with zero plans on the agenda, but that end up being filled with lovely fun things! And no matter how few plans you have going into the weekend, Mondays always brings that, "Where the H did the weekend go?" feeling, huh?!

Have a great week, friend :)

Brooke January 14, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I'll come visit for wine and pizza parties : ) Dogs and their internal clocks kill me.

Tamara @ Everything Happens January 14, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Oh man, I LOVE Jet's pizza! SO good! And you did an awesome job with the hub's hair, I'd be so scared!

Joy January 14, 2013 at 10:00 AM

We haven't seen Ted yet, but I'm guessing it's a must see from your reaction! I sent Floyd a question on twitter. Hope he/you got it! =) I cut Terry's hair all the time. His grows soooo fast so it just makes it easier if I do it between his actual visits to get it cut by the stylist. Sounds like a great weekend Sarah! Hope you have a great Monday!!

Helene January 14, 2013 at 10:19 AM

i love that you cut his hair. I feel like that is a really sexy thing to do. is that weird?! and I love Ted!! such a funny movie!

J and A January 14, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I LOVE zero plan weekends!! I cut my hubby's hair always - it still stresses me out! :)

Brittany January 14, 2013 at 11:56 AM

First of allm, we pretty much had the same weekend. NOT KIDDING. We ended up watching a netflix movie but were THIS CLOSE to renting Ted. I cut the mister's hair. We made pizza and had friends over. I took a load of clothes to the Goodwill because the skeezy girls at the consignment shop wouldn't take any of my stuff (of course that MAY have been becuase the majority of the stuff I was selling back had been originally purchased from Goodwill anyway.... it always thrills me when they buy back something I bought for a buck). How's that for a coincidence?
Also, I had a litter of basset-hound puppies in my dream last night and I about died when they weren't there in real life. haha

Jill January 14, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I have yet to see Ted, but it's on my list! :) I totally agree with you getting irritated at the consignment shop. I anticipate that going in there...you'd think I'd GET OVER IT! But every time, I'm thinking "why didn't they take that?!" (uh Jill probably same reason you weren't wearing it), or "how dare they give me just $7 for this item that I paid $50 to get!" Every time. Yet I have a bag started for them right now.

Angela January 14, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Ted was so funny! Sounds like you had a fun weekend!!
I'm laughing at Ding Dong Dash that happed to us on Sunday night too lol xx

Chelsee @ Southern Beauty Guide January 14, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Seriously you have such a cute blog!!! I am your newest follower, if you get a chance stop by and check out my blog! Great post, I look forward to reading more posts from you! Have a great day :)

~Chelsee

smk053078 January 14, 2013 at 12:56 PM

I get so mad too when they don't take my clothes!!!! Whatevs...their loss! And look at you cutting the Mr.'s hair. This is too stinkin' cute!!!

Kait January 14, 2013 at 2:06 PM

I like Mister's cape. You're so professional now...

Ashley January 14, 2013 at 2:29 PM

That's my favorite kind of weekend... one with zero plans! :)

Kat@shop.school.sleep. January 14, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I liked Ted...it felt like a super long Family Guy episode to me hahaha. I am starting to love and look forward to weekends with no plans because i know those are far and few between...I will take my clothes to consignment stores and hate it when they say we would have taken this last week, but it's not longer "needed"? WTH? I agree thou it's some money and the rest goes to Goodwill.

Pamela January 14, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Ted was so funny! I love productive weekends! Mine was kind of like that, the only thing I put off was laundry - I always end up piling so much and then have to do like 3 loads - oh well! following you now ! :)
- Pam

Sara January 14, 2013 at 4:09 PM

So glad you had a wonderful weekend! And seriously. You get brownie points for cutting the hubby's hair. You're fearless!

Jodi January 14, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Very brave to cut the hubs hair. Glad it turned out well. I love relaxing weekends that include cleaning and organizing!

For the vlog. . . is Floyd your first Basset Hound? What motivated you to get a Basset? Will you get another in the future.

Sarah Tucker January 15, 2013 at 8:56 AM

What a perfect weekend! I gave the hubs a haircut last night...he didn't have to go get it fixed! Maybe we should change professions ;)

Anne January 16, 2013 at 7:34 AM

A weekend with no obligations or plans?! Hmmm, sounds nice. And cleaning out closets really is my idea of a good time... I bought a whole Christmas party outfit with my consignment shop earnings last month. Usually I don't pull in quite so much, but I agree - any little bit is better than nothing for the stuff I don't wear!

Kimberlee Van Der Wall January 18, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Hooray for productive weekends! I just brought 3 giant bags to Goodwill during my cleaning craze. Feels nice to start the new year with less clutter and more organization.

Bravo for cutting mister's hair!