For the past 2 years Mister and I have had a list of goals/resolutions/to dos, whatever you want to call them, for the year and hung them on our fridge.
There aren't many things I like more than a list BUT it has to be where I can see it or I'll immediately forget what's on it.
Cue ALWAYS forgetting that one thing on my mental list at the grocery store.
Every single time. (Note: we do not have any coffee creamer, sorry Mister)
Anyway, I really like having this list on the fridge and out in the open.
If nothing else, it keeps us accountable.
The past two years we have done (in my opinion) very well with crossing off a majority of our list.
This past year we crossed off 18/26 items.
That's...(hold on, need a calculator) 69% which isn't an A+ but for what the goals were, I think we did alright.
(Check out a portion of last year's list here.)
Also for the past two years I've put a 'stretch' goal on the list.
The first year it was to start a blog...well we know how that one turned out ;)
and last year it was to run a 5k.
Crossed that baby off in July!
You have to keep reading to find out this years stretch goal.
This is not the complete list but here are the top ones we are working towards (and dying to break out the sharpie to mark off).
1. New carpet- This is a carry over from last year but we are determined to make it happen this year. The teal carpet in our master bedroom and us need to part ways and SOON.
2. Make a headboard- Thank you Pinterest for convincing me that this shouldn't be toooo hard.
3. Eat dinner at the table more often- We have gotten in a bad habit of watching our shows while eating dinner and I'd love for us to eat at the table more.
4. Buy totalbassetcase.com- This should be fairly easy and hopefully the purchase and transition will happen soon. (Now don't any of you go out and scoop it up from me ;) ).
5. Design and buy Total Basset Case business cards- Again, easy enough, just need to do it.
Mirror for striped wall- Already crossed this one off! Whoo!
(New mirror: $20 from Garden Ridge. More importantly I have a new spot for #ootd pictures.)
7. Monthly blog goals- I am on the hunt for a cute calendar to keep a running list of blog goals, ideas and posts I want to do every month along with some general planning for TBC and the upcoming year. Anyone know of any cute ones?
8. Run a 10k??- This is my stretch one...eek! You may recall the race I ran in September ended up being 4 miles so I am trying to convince myself that 2 more won't be that big of a deal...
There you have it!
Now where's my sharpie?!
And be sure to come back on Friday for Floyd's resolutions for the new year.