Christmas Around Our House

Dec 17, 2013

Even though we've had the tree up since before Thanksgiving, I am just now getting around to showing you guys all of our festive details.
We will blame it on the old computer and the fact that it was taking me (not kidding) an hour+ to upload and edit photos for one post.  And that, my friends, will zap the Christmas spirit right out of you.

Moving on to the glitter...

Our tree in all her glory.  She is a monster and I love her so much.  I finally found an angel this year for the top.  I've only been searching for three years.

I'm not going to lie, we have at least 5 (and probably more) basset ornaments.  I'm hoping one day we can have an all basset tree...too much?
We've also been the in habit of picking up ornaments from our travels and I love unpacking those memories every year.
I had a similar set up last year for our Christmas cards and I love having all of our sweet friends and family displayed right in the middle of our home.
I made (from a kit) Mister and I's stockings a few years ago and I've started Floyd's but I am a terrible mother and haven't finished it.  Something about needles and tiny sequins with a bouncing basset around don't always mix. But I am determined to get it done soon!!

And those are a few Christmas touches around our house!
I'm voting we leave it up all year!

Linking up with The Nester for the 2013 Christmas Tour of Homes.

20 comments:

Kelly @ [Big Apple, Little Bites] December 17, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Love your decorations! The tree is beautiful.

My mom made us stockings with the kit by numbers thing when I was younger. They were so cute. I loved them.

Big Apple, Little Bites

Mariel C. December 17, 2013 at 10:03 AM

So pretty! I finally got around to taking pictures of our decorations last night. Only 2 weeks later!

I want a tree full of Boston Terrier ornaments. Why not??

Betty December 17, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Love the decorations!! And I think it's perfectly acceptable to have 5 basset hound ornaments. We just bought our first airedale ornament...and I have no intention of stopping anytime soon. :)

Kait December 17, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Well it appears Dane and I are the first card in the train and that just rocks! Also, I love Floyd's stocking in all it's glittery glory! ;)

Amber Marie December 17, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I love picking up ornaments from travels! I'm doing a 25 Days of Christmas Ornaments challenge on my blog right now and it's been so much fun to reflect on the memories behind each special trinket. You are welcome to join in if you would like…there is an option to link up on my posts right now.

Emily December 17, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Pretty tree! Love your decorations :-)

Katie @ Team Skelley December 17, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Beautiful!

Land of Nod has a super cute basset wearing a bow tie ornament - FYI! :D

Brianne Bracco December 17, 2013 at 4:00 PM

So cute and festive! Christmas done right :)

Allison December 17, 2013 at 5:12 PM

You absolutely need an all Basset ornament tree! :)

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee December 17, 2013 at 8:08 PM

I love how you displayed your cards and I looove that Floyd has his own stocking! :)

Jen December 17, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I love the idea of a basset hound tree! We have started collecting ornaments as well and its so fun to remember all of our trips that way. And I also love your card display.

Caitlin December 18, 2013 at 8:43 AM

We were joking about an all-Basset tree the other day, too! We have maybe 10 Basset ornaments (and counting - friends & family always seem to add to our collection every year).

Jill December 18, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I LOVE your big ol tree! Keep adding to that basset ornament collection...if I ever see one I'll pick it up for ya ;) We also like to get ornaments when we travel to new places...it makes it more fun to decorate the tree, I think, when you get to relive some memories in the process :)

Anne December 18, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Love the card display! I really need to put mine up somehow. And shoot some bokeh photos too - I learned how in my online course this summer and now finally have Christmas lights available to try it out on...

Elisa of Fancy Free Me December 19, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I still haven't found a good topper for my tree. these things just take time to get right ;) everything's looking beautiful my dear! Merry Christmas

Margarita December 21, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Your tree is so beautiful! It has a whimsical and traditional feel!

Would you add it to this Christmas Tree Link-Up?

Darby Hawley December 22, 2013 at 7:40 PM

I absolutely love your tree. The white lights are so pretty! I say that Floyd definitly needs his own tree filled with ornaments of him. Tomlin has her own tree (a black and yellow tree with all football player ornaments, football ornaments, and steelers helmets). Poor Rooney has second child syndrome and only has 2 ornaments on the big tree (womp womp). Maybe there will be some sales after Christmas that you can score for next year?

The Lady Okie December 22, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Ah! I love your tree! And the ornaments :)