Recently we were traveling to visit some friends and I was responsible for bringing the treat for the weekend.
Rather than cookies or brownies, I decided to go with something a little different this time around. I remembered that I had pinned this a loooong time ago and had been wanting to try it out. This was the perfect time.
The Rice Krispie Pinwheel really could not have been easier. I added a little twist to mine. The options are really limitless with the recipe too, which I love. I think next a funfetti version would be very delicious.
-3 tbsp butter
-4 cups mini marshmallows
-6 cups rice krispie cereal
-2 cups frosting (I just whipped chocolate)
-1 cup dulce de leche sauce
1. Whip up your rice krispies as normal. You know, melt the butter, add the marshmallows and then the cereal.
2. Generously spray a jelly roll or cookie sheet
3. Spread rice krispies into pan. This requires you to work pretty quickly and with a lot of patience.
Stickiness is at a all time high here
4. If you are mixing the frosting and dulce de leche sauce, mix those together
(make sure you have a helper...)
5. Spread frosting in an even layer over the rice krispies
6. Once your treat is covered, roll up the rice krispies
(I went hot dog style vs hamburger rolling it up because I needed to feed more people. If you wanted fatter/fewer sizes, I would go hamburger style.)
7. This step is optional and didn't work perfect for me BUT if you want to have some fun, spread some sprinkles in your pan and roll the roll around to cover in sprinkles.
To transport I wrapped mine if plastic wrap and then foil and it traveled well and kept for a few days.
As I said the options are limitless
Cocoa cereal and peanut butter
Frutti pebbles and vanilla frosting
Chocolate on chocolate
the list goes on!
Linking up with Anne today for Pin to Present!